Bottle of rubbing alcohol left in car explodes in the heat
Staff Report, GMA News
A parked car sustained considerable damage to its interior and a window after a bottle of isopropyl alcohol left sitting on the passenger seat exploded in the heat.
According to Emil Sumangil’s “24 Oras” report on Wednesday, Joyce Canlas said her boyfriend left the alcohol bottle in the passenger seat after parking outside a warehouse in Cainta.
When they returned, the front passenger window was broken and a large chunk was gouged out of the passenger seat. The car’s ceiling was also torn.
“Malalaman mo na sa alcohol talaga yun kasi makikita mo ‘yung alcohol butas na e. Thankful naman po ako kasi kung sakali na nando’n ako parang hindi ko rin po ma-imagine kung ano ‘yung puwedeng mangyari sa akin,” Canlas said.
The Fire Laboratory Services of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) confirmed that the alcohol bottle was the cause of the explosion.